Believe Detox Center offers highly successful alcohol and drug addiction therapy in Los Angeles, California. Our dedicated and highly trained team of addiction experts delivers compassionate care in a safe and comfortable setting. So, with their partnership, clients learn new strategies for overcoming old habits and breaking free from addiction.
What is Addiction Therapy?
During the detoxification process, our professional staff cares for clients around the clock. All medical needs—including pain and anxiety reduction—will be handled in the safest way possible. Immediate medication management will be used to lessen withdrawal symptoms.
Once a client is feeling better, they will learn more about their addiction. This will include helpful daily habits, and how to react to triggers. Our certified therapists are here to empower clients in breaking the grip of addiction.
After a thorough assessment of each client, our clinical staff collaborates in designing an individualized treatment plan based on each person’s specific goals and needs. This initial assessment is critical to getting them started on the right path to sober living. As such, Believe Detox Center is proud to offer the best evidence-based alcohol and drug addiction therapy in Los Angeles, California.
Individual Addiction Therapy
At Believe Detox Center we understand that substance use disorders and mental health issues often go hand-in-hand. Our program treats the whole person by addressing co-occurring mental health disorders and addiction together. This combined approach is part of a successful personalized treatment plan.
We recognize each individual’s experience with addiction is unique. Therefore, our trained therapists conduct individual addiction therapy three times a week. By doing so, we are able to establish trust with our clients to better understand their situation, concerns, and needs.
Other ways individual therapy can help include:
- Learn coping mechanisms for handling cravings
- Learn strategies to avoid triggers and prevent relapse
- What to do if relapse occurs
- Discuss job, relationship, and legal problems
- Address co-occurring mental health conditions
- Identify and work through underlying issues of addiction
Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
Cognitive-behavioral therapy uses a psychotherapy approach that helps treat substance use disorders. CBT commonly treats depression, anxiety, phobias, and other mental disorders. Further, CBT has been shown to be beneficial in treating alcohol and drug addiction. Especially when used as part of an overall program of recovery.
CBT helps people learn to identify the negative and self-defeating thoughts and behaviors that contribute to their substance use. It is a focused approach during addiction treatment to help people abstain from substance use. Our therapists help clients unlearn maladaptive behaviors and change how they think.
Some benefits of cognitive-behavioral therapy include:
- Stress management
- Emotional balance
- Coping skills
- How to avoid triggers
- Improves self-control
- Increase motivation
- Management of painful feelings
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
Like CBT, dialectical behavior therapy is also an important part of our alcohol and drug addiction therapy in Los Angeles, California. It is a well-established and effective treatment for many mental health disorders. DBT helps clients develop new techniques to manage problems in their life. Clients will work through dysfunctional patterns of thinking, feeling, and behaving. Then they learn the skills necessary to improve their quality of life.
Four Stages of DBT
- Stage One: Clients strive to gain control over their reckless behavior, which includes substance abuse. This stage helps clients achieve stability. Additionally, they improve stress management skills while learning how to effectively interact with others.
- Stage Two: During stage two, clients set goals to be achieved during therapy. These targets depend on the severity of existing problems and the relationships between them. Also, individuals learn self-validation techniques and emotional regulation.
- Stage Three: Therapists help clients increase self-respect and self-esteem. Consequently, clients identify life goals and learn and recognize a normal balance of happiness and unhappiness.
- Stage Four: This stage uses long-term psychotherapy that is focused on helping people get the most out of their lives. This includes finding ways to experience greater happiness, strengthen their relationships, and pursue their life goals.
Motivational Enhancement Therapy (MET)
Motivational enhancement therapy (MET) is a therapeutic approach that helps individuals identify and resolve mixed feelings about alcohol and drug use. MET focuses on increasing motivation and setting goals. This approach involves an assessment followed by several sessions that encourage discussion about substance use patterns and evoke motivational statements.
Group therapy has become a staple in quality addiction treatment. It can sometimes be difficult at first to talk about our problems with strangers. However, people quickly discover how much they end up enjoying group therapy and how helpful it is during their recovery. Addiction can be isolating. Often people feel alone, worthless, and ashamed. Group therapy also allows clients to benefit from more hours of treatment at less cost.
Additionally, there are other ways clients can benefit from group therapy including the following:
- They learn they are not alone
- Clients can feel more connected to others
- Improves communication skills
- A broader range of helpful feedback from others
- Practice new cognitive and behavioral skills
- Allows the therapist to learn how you interact with others
Get Hands-On Alcohol and Drug Addiction Therapy in Los Angeles, CA
Making the decision to begin addiction treatment is a big step. Believe Detox Center delivers effective alcohol and drug addiction therapy in Los Angeles, California. After a safe and comfortable detox at our facility, we help clients transition to a personalized addiction treatment program. Our resources include therapy, addiction education, and support to maintain long-term sobriety.
If you or someone you love is ready to take that first step on the path to recovery, please contact us today.